Thursday, August 30, 2012

Me, you, and the guy in the Carhartt hat

Fashionistas, the time has come! We are officially off on our mini vacation, and i had to update you quickly with two very important things. 1. My new Prada bag will be flying by my side! I wish I could get her own seat, but you know who wouldn't support that idea. Instead, I think I'll just hold her on my lap the whole time, as we don't want her catching any infectious airplane diseases or residue on the floor. And 2. On Prada's first day out, guess who got extra dressed up for the occasion?!  The husband. And by dressed up, I mean he chose my least favorite hat. By Carhartt. That is faded grey and looks like it belongs to a grandpa. We do not appreciate this! This is supposed to be a big moment for the whole family but he had to go and ruin it with the Carhartt hat. And this inappropriate comment t 5am: "I don't even want to know where or when you got that bag." 

Now, this is odd because I specifically asked if I could get this bag back in May. He said no, and then I bought it anyways. (It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. I know most people use that phrase when they get into Ivy league schools or something equally melodramatic, but I reserve it for TRUE accomplishments, like a successful buy at an exclusive sale! This bag can be worn cross body AND top handle - so really - I'm topping the charts on the achievement scale.) Maybe he just remembers saying no, and I just joyfully recall the glorious afternoon I hid her in the back of the trunk until I could break the news? And maybe I forgot to break the news and just went forward with my usual scheme of "transitioning" items into the house. I had a super sly move earlier this summer where I actually utilized friend's extra big closet to store 2 pairs of shoes until the timing was "right." (Special thanks to Lulu for her discretion and her storage space.)

our first photo together - this must be love!
So, maybe this hat is karma for my sneaky ways. Now that I think about it, if the husband had asked me if he could buy this hat, I would have definitely said no! And he would have come home with it anyways. (Notice - there was no asking - this thing just showed up in my beautiful light blue, cream and chocolate schemed bedroom one day, perched on the dresser like it belonged there? I think not.) 

Prada vs Carhartt. Truly, a match (or battle) made in heaven. Wish us luck this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment