Friday, July 10, 2009

One week and counting...


Just as I promised, it just keeps getting better. One week from today you will see exactly what I mean when you bust through the doors of the Nordstrom near you and shop til you drop at the… wait for it… yes, it’s here! The ANNIVERSARY SALE.

Remember when I told you I shopped via stroller as a baby? I have a feeling this is where the passion for fashion really began. When the stroller days were long gone, I have memories of setting my alarm for 6am in elementary school to go shop the sale the SECOND the doors opened at 7:00am sharp with my mom, aunts, grandma, whoever I could sucker into going with me.

Nothing beats this sale. Nordstrom is the only retailer in the industry who does it – fall product for women, men and kids EARLY at a discount for just 17 days every summer, starting the third week in July. This year, D-Day falls on Friday, July 17th. Then, August 3rd, everything gets marked back up. This is why it’s a marathon, not a sprint, fashionistas! (Personally, I hate running, but I feel as if this analogy works with almost anything.)

Now – for the really juicy news. For the first time ever, the coveted catalog (which you should be receiving any day in the mail if you’re a Nordstrom subscriber… if you’re not, don’t even tell my why; just get on the mailing list quick!) is online. EVEN BETTER – the online catalog has even more product featured in it than the hard copy, including tons more shoes, denim, hosiery, handbags, and more. Instead of just a snapshot of all the sale has to offer, this little devil can really give you the details! (You can even circle items and bookmark pages – heaven for an organizational freak like me.) Get your wish list ready before you go by checking it all out here.

Fortunately for you, I’ve had a sneak peek at most of the merchandise that will be featured on the Anniversary Sale. Here are the fall-must haves I plan on picking up on the 17th:

*boyfriend blazer (there will be several price point options; you can pick one up in BP, TBD or Via C… I haven’t decided on my favorite yet)
*boots (TONS of great ones on sale… but everyone is going crazy for the Fryes already, see page 36 and 41a)
*statement necklace (check out the Cara necklace on page 44 – AMAZING! I’m going to wear it with everything from an LBD to a white t-shirt.)
*black skinny pants (I am absolutely purchasing the Joe’s seen on page 45; they are comfy like a legging but have the details of a real pant – the best of both worlds)
*cosmetics (this is the only time they really go on ‘sale,’ so definitely stock up, because they have lots of special sizes and values. I ordered the Trish McEvoy planner and makeup card in the cute pink cases! See page 58)
*delicates (my favorite Honeydew panties will be only 4/$34 – steal of a deal! Check out the pages of panties on 50-51.)

That’s just a yummy little slice of the transaction that could easily take up the majority of a paycheck. Ah, Anniversary. You are worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. Erin dear---I'm pre-shopping with my mom (Diva Deb) tonight after work. Besides Christmas and Birthdays, the pre-shop is her favorite event of the year. Facebook me if you're working tonight! XoXo, Whitney

    ReplyDelete