Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Don't be late for KATE!



In my job as a fabulous fashionista, (yes, I actually get paid to work in fashion, and I also get the privilege of describing myself that way) I recently had the opportunity to launch the Kate Spade apparel collection for the first time. For those of you who don’t know Kate like I do (but as an educated fashionista who reads her monthly magazines you should), it is a delectable collection of many entities; she originated with handbags, and has since expanded to shoes, sunglasses, and recently jewelry. Most, most recently though, Kate Spade New York (that is the official title, as it is now actually owned by Liz Claiborne – minor detail – and it’s ok because Tim Gunn from Project Runway is Liz’s creative director, so it’s still all in good hands) launched a delicious line of apparel.

The fall 2009 collection is the first to hit major retailers, including select Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale’s doors nationwide. Designed by Deborah Lloyd, formerly with Burberry and Banana Republic, Kate Spade apparel is all you would expect… but then more.

A cheeky little blouse (which has a cheeky little name to match - all pieces in the collection have girl names, so I am just waiting for the "Erin" to emerge!) has hot pink lip stick prints all over it with the most adorable peter pan collar… and then on the inside, near the label, is the phrase “live colorfully.” A Chanel-like grey and black tweed jacket has chiffon trim and a grosgrain ribbon belt, and then, when you unbutton it to put the precious little thing on, you’re surprised with… pale, pale lovely antique-looking pink silk lining. It’s the little details like that which make this collection so high quality, but also so much fun. And there is so, so much more - I'm not even going to get INTO the sequin cardigan - you must see it to believe it - GORGEOUS! I want to buy these yummy little pieces and wear them to death! Why? Not just because it’s something new, but because it’s something special.

And that – I believe – is the beauty of fashion. Pieces are supposed to be special, and they’re supposed to be fun. Someone very wise once told me – after I cried about an important Coco crisis – “its just clothes.” Just yesterday in the elevator, I heard a woman say the same thing. Yes, we may live and eat and breathe fashion, and fashionistas, you know I love that attitude! But, we must remember – fashion is OH so much fun. Which is why, if you hurry, I’m going to let you do something realllllllly fun – shop the exclusive, 4-day-only Kate Spade Sample sale!! Click HERE now, and don’t say I never gave you anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment