Monday, November 30, 2009

Hello, bootsy!


There have been a lot of boots around our home lately. So much so that someone (I wonder who?!) has taken to calling me “Bootsy.” Is that supposed to be affectionate? Not really sure, but it is accurate! We (and by we, of course I mean ME), have got little black booties, grey knee-high boots, black mid-calf boots, and most recently…. A pair of bright yellow rubber boots. You might be thinking that last item doesn’t really fit with the rest of boot collection, but I promise, it does! I am now the proud owner of Hunter Wellington boots, and I think you should be too.

Here’s why:

  1. When the husband saw the black version of the boots, he said “What are these? They look like what people wear to milk the cows on the farm!” These were my friend Molly’s boots. Molly is not a farmer, but actually quite the fashionista. The girl dresses in designer duds and pretty much works her own little runway every day – not exactly Susie homemaker milking the cows. However, she was quick to point out that Hunter boots were originally designed for such hard work! (The design originates from the 1800s - talk about vintage!) Though Molly and I wear them now to Sunday brunch or college football games with our skinny jeans, they have the durability to really endure much more than that. (Though I was recently reminded that tailgating can be quite strenuous on the feetsies!)
  2. They come in several fabulous colors, and even more phones are the Hunter “socks” (like fleece liners) that come in a wide variety as well. You can get a few pairs of those, change them out, and your boots look totally different! I did the yellow boots with the grey liners, but I am particularly intrigued by the leopard ones, and I think they will appear on my holiday wish list.
  3. They last forever. Partially because they are a littttttle pricey $115, but more so because they were made for those farm “people” the husband thought of.
  4. Hunters are also available for kids and toddlers, which let's be honest, makes them even more adorable.

Now it’s your turn – pick your welly, pick your color coordinating sock, and go splash through some puddles! Or, just take yourself out to breakfast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment