Monday, May 18, 2009

Wooed by Jason Wu


Today I had the opportunity to view samples from American designer Jason Wu’s Fall 2009 Ready-to-Wear (RTW) line. FAAAAAAABulous! I have not been able to stop thinking about the ostrich feather jacket:

At 5’5” (well, I’m actually 5’1”, but I like to keep that a secret, and my collection of 4 inch heels do the trick) I would look like a mini/midget ostrich in this baby, but nonetheless, I absolutely LOVE it. It comes in black as well, which is also quite chic.

Besides this show-stopper, Jason Wu’s collection was full of my most favorite category: dresses. There was embroidery, printed silk chiffon, silk faille, and the list goes on. I loved how he mixed in his knits as well; long, lightweight cardigans buttoned once and then belted looked darling layered over nearly every dress. While his knits for spring were a little too delicate (I loved the colors, but hated the snagging), this cashmere is just slightly thicker and in the easiest-to-wear shapes.

When our new President danced at the Inaugural ball, all eyes were on his lovely wife. More specifically, the world’s eyes were resting upon THAT. GORGEOUS. GOWN. At that moment, Jason Wu became a household name. At 26 years old, this guy has dressed the First Lady and developed a mini fashion empire. What will he do next? How will he top that feather coat? I don’t know! But in the meantime, as he continues to contribute to the world of fashion, I plan on contributing my paycheck (ok, maybe a few paychecks) to purchasing SOMEthing from this Fall collection!

To view the full collection from Jason Wu Fall RTW, click here:

Style.com- Review and Complete Collection

Jason Wu Studio

1 comment:

  1. wow, your husbands "post-wedding weight gain"?! that's below the belt :)

    ReplyDelete